International students wanting to earn a MN state high school diploma from 葡京赌场平台 will need to attend MPA for a minimum of three school years. This amount of time is required for international students to complete the required coursework for graduation and to attain English fluency in preparation for college. Graduating from MPA and earning an MPA diploma can be extremely helpful in applying for and being accepted to an American college or university. MPA’s rigorous academic program is well-respected within higher education and the education international students receive prepares them for success in college. All international students will receive college counseling for the duration of their enrollment.
- It is recommended that new international students arrive in Minnesota by August 15, 大约在学年开始前10天. 在这段时间, 国际学生将逐渐适应他们的寄宿家庭, 适应时间的变化, 参加定向, 参加数学和英语的分级测试, 创建课程表, 为课程做准备.
- It is recommended that returning international students arrive in Minnesota by August 20, 大约在学年开始前五天. Returning international students still need a few days to adjust to the time zone, 搬回他们的主人家, 为上学做准备.
- 国际学生应遵循 MPA日历 和没有政策.
- Two years of a world language are required for diploma-seeking international students.
- One year of the world language requirement is fulfilled when taking the ESL class during the first year a student is at MPA.
- There is no world language requirement for non-diploma-seeking international students.
是的. All international students will be registered for an ESL class their first year at MPA. This class will fulfill one credit of foreign language and may be extended to two years, 根据需要, to support students in their MPA coursework and English language acquisition.
葡京赌场平台 is sensitive to devout students of all faiths. International students of any religion may observe religious holidays without penalty.
All international students have the opportunity to stay with a host family in and around the Minneapolis/St. Paul area, most of whom will be directly connected to the MPA community. Host families will be selected, vetted, and matched with students through MPA. 请联系 科里Becker-Kim， MPA国际项目协调员，了解更多信息.
- There are strict work restrictions placed on international students with F-1 visas as the primary purpose of the international student’s stay in the United States is to study.
- While there are strict guidelines to follow, an international student with an F-1 visa may work. If international students are interested in working while attending MPA, they can contact 科里Becker-Kim 寻求协助和批准.
- International students and host families will work together to get and set-up a cell phone. The cost of the phone and service will be paid entirely by the international student. The international student should have an international bank card for use while in the United States. 如果没有, then the host family will assist the student in setting up a local checking account that natural parents can deposit money into for their international student.
- 独立申请, MPA will assist international students and host families in getting a cell phone and bank account, 根据需要, 在方向. The cost of the cell phone and service will be paid entirely by the international student.
Some international students use Visa or MasterCard debit/credit cards for purchases in addition to cash. Passports and other valuables can be kept with the International Student Coordinator if necessary. We strongly discourage international students from keeping large amounts of cash in their possession.
Minnesota has four distinct seasons: a warm summer with daily highs from 80-90° F, a winter with daily highs that average 10-20° F and a temperate spring and fall with highs averaging 40-60° F. International students will need clothing for all seasons and it is critical that they come prepared with a warm winter jacket, 靴子, 手套和帽子. 明尼苏达州的天气信息
是的. 学校鼓励学生在课间旅行. Prior to travel, independent students must submit the Permission to Travel Form to 科里Becker-KimMPA国际学生项目协调员. All travel, with or without host families, must be approved prior to departure. International student travel cannot interfere with school attendance.